While you make preparations for your August holiday, don’t forget about your travel insurance. If you need a reminder of why you need travel insurance, here is a quick list of the benefits:
- Loss and delay of check-in luggage
- Loss of passport and important documents
- Delayed departure
- Trip cancellation or curtailment
- Medical expense and hospitalisation
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Emergency dental care
- 24-hour worldwide personal assistance
- Legal defence abroad
- Emergency return home following death of a family member
- Repatriation of mortal remains, if you pass away overseas
There are different travel insurance plans you can choose from which would provide you with some or all of the above coverage. This allows you to have more flexibility in choosing a package that is right for you. Different plans also include varying payment thresholds in case of emergency. For example, if you are on a worldwide plus package you will be given a higher amount to cover your medical and hospitalisation bills. It is up to you to decide how much you want to be covered when you are overseas.
As a tourist going abroad, you have to know that you will likely not be entitled for free health care service if you get into an accident or you fall sick. You will therefore need to take the extra steps to cover yourself. If you are worried about adding another expense to your travel, rest assured that travel insurance is not that expensive. Factors which are taken into consideration include country of destination and length of stay.
Be safe, travel with coverage!