Self employed? Here are some of the insurance products you may need!

If there’s anything that is of paramount importance when you are your own boss, it’s protecting your livelihood. Take a look at the business insurance covers you may not have had the foresight to purchase:

Professional indemnity insurance

The first insurance policy you want to look into is professional indemnity insurance. This if for your own good as it will help to defend you if a customer makes claims that you have done something wrong, even if it is not the case. Additionally, it will help you meet the cost of any legal action in the event of a client suing you for any actions that have resulted in losses to them (This can be anything from bad advice, a mistake or any other form of perceived negligence).

Public liability insurance

Especially crucial if you have clients coming to your premises, or your property is easily accessible to members of the public. This insurance is there in case anyone is injured, or you cause accidental damage to Third Party Property.

Office and vehicle insurance

A lot of self employed business owners make the mistake of thinking they only need liability insurance. However, you also need to consider cover for your business premise(s) and equipment as well! Not only do you need to consider policies that cover fire, flood or burglary, but if you own several commercial vehicles, you may also need to consider fleet insurance.

Unsure of which Insurance Policies are better suited for your business? Our agents are more than capable and willing to help!

Pay us a visit at our branches (Maison Esplanade – Victoria, Pension Complex –Baie St. Anne Praslin, Green Corner –Providence)  or call us on 429 5000 or send an email to We’ll be more than happy to assist you!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s