With travelling steadily resuming to pre-pandemic level, we have expanded our Travel Insurance to include coverage against costs related to COVID-19.
This means that if you catch COVID-19 whilst abroad, we will cover the cost of hospitalisation and other related medical expenses, including the cost of compulsory quarantine.
What is the limit on the coverage for medical expenses and hospitalisation abroad?It depends on the region you visit:
- For Africa and Asia, the limit is USD15,000;
- For Europe and UK, it is EUR30,000;
- For Worldwide Basic, it is USD30,000; and,
- For Worldwide Plus it is USD100,000.
Do I have to pay an ‘Excess’ when I submit a claim?In insurance terms, Excess is the portion of the insured loss paid by the policy holder. The policyholder only has to pay the Excess if they received outpatient treatment. It means, therefore, that the insurer will meet the entirety of the insured loss for inpatient treatment received. The Excess amount is only USD50 for all regions, except for Europe and UK which is EUR50.
What other health-related coverage are included?The Sacos Travel Insurance also provides additional coverage to the traveller:
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Emergency Dental Care
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Repatriation of family member travelling with the insured
- Travel for one family member if you are hospitalised abroad
- Emergency return home following death of a close family member
Are there other travel-related costs included in the coverage?
- Personal accidents in means of public transport
- Personal assistance services (24 hour assistance)
- Loss of baggage and travel documents
- Personal Liability
- Cancellation and curtailment
- Losses due to delays
What’s more! Our Travel Insurance has a very competitive premium rate. A 7-day trip can cost as little as SCR260.
If you are planning to travel soon, be sure to include the Sacos Travel Insurance as part of your essential travel items. For more information, call us on 4295000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To request a quote, visit out website at www.sacos.sc